Autumn Term 2015
Teacher: Miss Douglas
Nursery Nurse: Mrs Helen Young
Teaching assistant: Miss Caron Jacobs
In Maths the children will learn about pattern and shape, same and different, number, measure, shape and calendar. Learning in the 7 areas Personal, Social, Emotional Development, Communication & Language, Physical, Development, Mathematics, Literacy, Understanding the World, Expressive Art & Design will be through the following topic areas.
Welcome to School
- School is a fun place for me to learn and to meet friends
- My classroom is near other important places in my school
- Everything has a name and a place in our room
- We are classmates who share
- We are capable reception children
I Am Amazing! I Feel Fine!
- People have similarities but no-one looks exactly like me.
- Everyone is special. People are good at different things
- Our names are unique.
- I am special because of the things I enjoy doing.
- I am becoming more independent as I grow.
- Everybody has feelings.
- Sometimes we can look at a person and know how they feel.
- Our feelings change.
- We respect everyone’s feelings.
- Feelings words help others know how we feel.
Season of Plenty
- There are four seasons in the year.
- They are winter, spring, summer and autumn.
- The weather changes in autumn.
- Plants change in the autumn.
- Animals make changes in the autumn.
- People make changes in the autumn.
- Food comes from a variety of sources before it gets to shops.
- Some eggs come from chickens and ducks.
- Bread comes from grains.
- Fruit grows on bushes, vines and trees.
- Vegetables come from plants.
- Different vegetables are harvested at different times of the year.
Those Nearest and Dearest
- Friends are people who like to play with one another
- Friends don’t always agree, but they still care for one another
- Friends help one another and work together
- Friends care and share
- We are a classroom of friends
- People who live with us are usually called our family members
- A child is a special member of a family
- Family members care for, share with, and help one another
- Families change
- There are many kinds of families
Head to Toe
- My body is marvellous. My brain controls my body.
- My body moves in many ways.
- My stomach is inside my body. It digests my food.
- My lungs are inside my chest. I breathe air into and out of my lungs.
- My heart is inside my chest. It moves blood to all the parts of my body.
- I have five senses that can help me learn about my world:
- My eyes can see.
- My nose can smell.
- My tongue can taste.
- My skin can feel.
What’s on the Menu?
- Bodies need food for energy and good health
- Breads and cereals are needed for nutrition
- Fruits and vegetables are needed for nutrition
- Dairy and protein are needed for nutrition
- Bodies need limited amounts of fat to stay healthy
- Food is sold at shops and markets
- Foods are sorted by categories at the shops
- Shops are in every country in the world
- There are many types of markets and shops
- There are many jobs to do in a shop
Please note PE will be on Wednesdays in the spring term. Children will be expected to bring their PE Kit on this day.