At Nightingale School we believe in the concept of life long learning and the idea that both adults and children learn new things every day. We fervently believe that learning should be a rewarding and enjoyable experience for everyone; it should be fun! Through our teaching we aim to equip children with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to be able to make informed choices about the important things in their lives. We believe that people learn best in different ways. At our school we provide a rich and varied learning environment that allows children to develop their skills and abilities to their fullest potential.
Through our teaching we aim to:
- Foster a love of learning;
- Ensure the highest standards of teaching across the school, to enable children to learn most effectively.
- Equip children with the skills to become confident, resourceful, enquiring and independent learners;
- To take account of individual needs and children’s stages of development, and build knowledge and experience within the context of equality of opportunity for all, regardless of class, race, creed, gender or ability;
- Foster children’s self-esteem and help them build positive relationships with other people;
- Develop children’s self respect and encourage children to respect the ideas, attitudes, values and feelings of others;
- Raise levels of attainment for all pupils, enabling them to achieve their personal best;
- Show respect for all cultures and, in so doing, to promote positive attitudes to other people and to enable children to understand their community and help them feel valued as part of this community;
- To provide a curriculum that takes into account the diversity of interests of the children attending Nightingale School and recognises the knowledge and experience that children bring to school;
- To ensure that parents are fully involved in the education of their children and the life of the school;
Help children to grow into reliable, independent and positive citizens.