We are currently recruiting for 2 temporary midday meals supervisors for the Autumn Term 2020 (September - December). Applications should be made using the Support Staff Application Form below and returned to Chandrika Sashidharan email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: Midnight 5th September 2020
Details of the role are as follows:
Nightingale School - Lunchtime Supervisor Job Advert
Job Title Lunchtime Supervisor
Job Purpose To supervise pupils during our midday break, ensuring that the children eat meals safely and behave appropriately.
Salary Scale 3 - £22,002 FTE - £11.72 per hour
Hours Monday to Friday – 10.45am-1:30pm
Responsible to School Business Manager
Contract Type Temporary, One Term from September - December 2020
The Lunchtime Supervisor will:
- ensure that pupils wash their hands before they eat;
- escort pupils to and from the dining area, as necessary;
- ensure that pupils having a school lunch are in the dining hall at the correct time;
- help younger pupils at the counter and encourage the proper use of cutlery
- assist with the return of used plates, cutlery and beakers and with the cleaning of tables when lunch is finished;
- supervise pupils eating food brought from home and ensure that all packed lunch equipment is cleared away after use;
- report to class teachers any child whose diet may give rise for concern;
- supervise children in the playground or the classroom, depending on weather.
Follow timetable set up by Playground Lead staff member.
- devise and initiate constructive play opportunities for children when required;
- ensure that children remain within a safe environment and that they play safely;
- set suitable behaviour standards in line with our Behaviour policy;
- help children acquire social skills;
- attend to minor accidents sustained during the midday break and seek appropriate assistance if necessary;
- attend training as required
The job holder may be required to undertake additional duties as could be reasonably required in exceptional or emergency situations.
The work of schools changes and develops continuously which in turn requires staff to adapt and adjust. Whilst the main duties and responsibilities of the post are set out above, the job description is not an exhaustive list of tasks and each individual task to be undertaken has not been identified. The duties and responsibilities above should not therefore be regarded as immutable but may change. Any major changes will involve discussion and consultation with you.
Join our recruitment mailing list to be the first to hear about new vacancies at Nightingale. E-mail Emel Ibrahim on firstname.lastname@example.org and say that you would like to join the recruitment mailing list.